Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 8 markets including Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, Canada and the USA and since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 200 million hours of content!
As a Software Development Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams. You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our users experience. You will have experience of promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment. You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production on time. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
– Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and
– Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
– Create a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through robust on t
time delivery and LiveOps
– Drive engineering excellence across engineering teams by supporting modern
software engineering practices, robustness and Continuous Delivery
– Championing community-based discussions
– Recruitment and induction
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
– Previous experience of managing engineers
– Strong background as a Software Engineer and still be very technical
– Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
– Excellent communication and influencing skills with people at all seniority
– Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
– Expert understanding of Agile methodologies
– Ability to handle conflict effectively
– An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
Tagged as: 5+ years of experience (Senior)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.